[SOLVED] Computer shuts down after 10s of opening a game

Oct 21, 2021
*sorry for my english
At first my computer bsod "whea uncorrectable error" after 10s of game then I tried reseating cables and parts while opening a game it just shuts down and no bsod.

System specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 i have a beefy cooler
GPU: RTX 2070 super
PSU: 80+ bronze 650w (i forgot the brand)
MEMORY: Trident Z neo 16gb
MOTHERBOARD: Aorus B450 elite

I assume its the PSU because its old, my friend sold it to me and i use it for 4 years and HOPEFULLY its not the Gpu i cant get another one of it,any help would be appreciated.

Help me :(

Last edited:
Solution
At first my computer bsod "whea uncorrectable error" after 10s of game then I tried reseating cables and parts while opening a game it just shuts down and no bsod.

the "whea uncorrectable error" is usually related to a hardware failure.

were any of these components paired in a previous build that functioned as it should,
part of a build that malfunctioned,
all new except the power supply,
or is this a pieced together system of new & used components from multiple sources?

do you have all updated drivers for all components plus latest BIOS available?

i also don't see any mention of temperatures.
what is the CPU & GPU average temps while idling, while basic browsing, and while gaming?

you would need to watch these temps as...
Oct 21, 2021
It does sound like a PSU issue - what exact brand and model number is it? How old is it?

And, if you do have to get a new one, what country are you purchasing in?
I bought it secondhand to my friend. Its almost 4 years on me. Its aerocool which is budget psu here in asia.

*its 600w

were any of these components paired in a previous build that functioned as it should,
or is this a pieced together system of new & used components from multiple sources?

what is the CPU & GPU average temps while idling, while basic browsing, and while gaming?

you would need to watch these temps as processes are taking place.
even the split second it may take to alt-tab to your temperature reading, temps can drastically drop.

use an on screen display like HWiNFO or Afterburner+RTSS to watch temperatures live as they occur.

Reactions: papeeeeen
Solution
Oct 21, 2021

you would need to watch these temps as processes are taking place.
even the split second it may take to alt-tab to your temperature reading, temps can drastically drop.

use an on screen display like HWiNFO or Afterburner+RTSS to watch temperatures live as they occur.
The only secondhand part is the psu. Cpu temp is good i ran cpu stress test it did not shutdown. It only shuts down when i open a game then the rest is okay. All drivers are updated too.

Oct 21, 2021
what is your definition of "good"?
just the fact that it didn't shutdown during a single stress test doesn't tell us anything.

what are the reported temperatures during those scenarios mentioned?
76.8C max temps
41.0C idle
spiking at 50C on idle
on multiple test

i have meshify c with 2 exhaust and 2 intake
my cooler is dark rock pro 4

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
Aerocool rave600w psu. It was working fine with 2070 super before then this whea thing happened.

How do you know? "Didn't blow up" is not a diagnostic.

I don't think the PSU is the direct cause -- BSoDs are generally something else -- but it could be an indirect cause of the problem itself. This is a very low-quality, group-regulated PSU, which should never have been paired with an expensive GPU and needs to be replaced no matter what is causing the BSoD issue.

Oct 21, 2021
How do you know? "Didn't blow up" is not a diagnostic.

I don't think the PSU is the direct cause -- BSoDs are generally something else -- but it could be an indirect cause of the problem itself. This is a very low-quality, group-regulated PSU, which should never have been paired with an expensive GPU and needs to be replaced no matter what is causing the BSoD issue.
At first it was bsod then after some test it just shuts down no bsod at all. I know it should not be paired with expensive gpu i have a plan to replace it.

I will test everything later with my friend pc. I will check everything and i will bring the news later.