Question computer shuts down all of a sudden. please help me

Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm in the verge of tears :( my computer keeps on shutting down after every 20 min or so and i have NO idea why.

This is a new computer. I've been using this for a total of 5 days. All parts are new except for the video card. On the 3rd day upon opening my pc, it shuts down all of a sudden. So I brought it to 2 different computer shops and they diagnosed it with a faulty/defective motherboard. My mobo is still under warranty, which is great (though I did wait for 30 days before i got the replacement). I literally JUST picked up my new mobo this morning and was so excited to finally USE my computer... only to encounter the same problem again :( i'm so sad and tired right now. I'd extremely appreciate any advice or help. This is my first build too so I admit that i'm nowhere near an expert

here's my build:

AMD Ryzen 2700

AMD Stock Fan

ROG Strix B450-F

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

NVIDIA 1030 GT (don't judge my video card, i'm saving for a new one lol)

240GB SSD

4TB HDD Seagate

600W PSU

BenQ GW2780 Monitor

Thank you everyone

Aug 8, 2019
hi friend i had same problem a few days ago put the gpu in the bottom slot worked for me as the i think the top 1 was 16x and the bottom is 8 x anyway try it m8 stopped all my crahes and freezes all my parts where new apart from the gpu it was as if it was getting shoprted out in the normal gpu slot

Aug 8, 2019
my build was the ryzen 2700 also i even updated the bios from f1 to f2 and then to f32 etc and it was not a cpu memory or mb etc as they all where new try other slot a bet it works mine was a auros b450 mb

Jul 4, 2019
hi! thanks for all your replies. my PSU is HyperK 600W. Temps are okay, doesn't exceed 45. Shut downs occur after 30 minutes or so; completely random but not under 30 minutes. I only have Chrome open but it still shuts down even though i'm not using it. Not overclocking it too

what are indicated CPU temps in BIOS? (CPU fan plugged in CPU FAN header?)

Naturally, a known good PSU of sufficient wattage will help at some point.....

(WARNING: If you swap PSUs, swap all modular cables with it,as reusing cables with different/incorrect pinout at PSU connection termination point can have a disastrous result on assorted components, as routing 12V to where 5V should go is rarely optimal)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
re seating the ram will not work i did that a few times with mine change the gpu slot problem solved for me
I understand that the GPU slot solved your problem. But random reboots and shut downs can be a vast variety of things. Including malfunctioning RAM, many of us see it all the time.

It can also be indicative of faulty PSU, GPU, MB, you name it. It is just worth seeing if the GPU is indeed the cause of the problem.

hi! thanks for all your replies. my PSU is HyperK 600W. Temps are okay, doesn't exceed 45. Shut downs occur after 30 minutes or so; completely random but not under 30 minutes. I only have Chrome open but it still shuts down even though i'm not using it. Not overclocking it too
I may be mistaken but from my recollection this PSU is not good quality. Someone else like @jonnyguru might be able to verify better than I though. But my understanding is it falls in the same line or lower than the VS series.

Does the issue still occur in safe mode?
I would say have you tried without GPU, but you do not have integrated.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019
what are indicated CPU temps in BIOS? (CPU fan plugged in CPU FAN header?)

Naturally, a known good PSU of sufficient wattage will help at some point.....

(WARNING: If you swap PSUs, swap all modular cables with it,as reusing cables with different/incorrect pinout at PSU connection termination point can have a disastrous result on assorted components, as routing 12V to where 5V should go is rarely optimal)

CPU Temp is 47 C