Question Computer shuts down/restarts randomly

Nov 21, 2022
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
CPU FAN: Scythe Fuma 2 Rev .B
PSU: ApexGaming AG-750 80+ Gold Fully modular. (have seasonic focus plus 650 gold SSR-650fx back in my pc now).
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X AM4 REV 1.0
GPU: Zotac gaming RTX 3070 8gb
STORAGE: 2tb Seagate ST2000Dm008-2FR102
120Gb ssd

Recently upgraded CPU, CPU FAN, PSU, And GPU. All been working for a week no problems. I had some problems with having a wrong bios version when I first installed my new cpu, but once that was fixed it has been running perfectly for 1 week.

It randomly started shutting off. As it shuts down, the ram lights stay on, CPU fan stays on, and GPU lighting stays on. Temperatures of parts are all in 40-60 range(at least as I’m monitoring them when the pc is one). Peripherals have no light and the and the display signal isn’t working since it’s like it auto shut down. I then hold the power button to fully shut down everything and then turn it back on and it does it again within 20-30minutes, sometimes within 5 minutes. It also now just fully restarts, not a weird shutdown crash.

I have tried changing PSU to (seasonic focus plus 650 gold SSR-650fx ) my old one, different outlets and surge protectors, but it still does it. I've tried my old cpu and gpu and the problem also still happens now. I have tried reinstalling windows and wiping my drives to check if it was software related issue. Taken it to a shop to run memtest, and other tests they do and still nothing was wrong/identified with new or old parts. I've also monitored the temps of course, and I've never ever seen any part even close to a dangerous range.

I'm thinking its motherboard, one of my drives, or case? It's hard to know know. The only reason i say my drives is because i think the last few months of using my normal working pc, everytime i would start it, it would say scanning and repairing drive C:, nothing ever happened from it though just kept doing it. Any other ideas for me?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the shut downs.

Start with Reliability History. User friendly and the time line format can be revealing with respect to when problems begain or patterns therein.

Event Viewer takes more time and effort. The details may or may not prove helpful.

Still take a look. No need to rush through it all.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Nov 21, 2022
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the shut downs.

Start with Reliability History. User friendly and the time line format can be revealing with respect to when problems begain or patterns therein.

Event Viewer takes more time and effort. The details may or may not prove helpful.

Still take a look. No need to rush through it all.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html
Its event 41. Many things can cause it. I've tested almost all parts on my machine and reinstalled windows on a new SSD and it still happens