[SOLVED] Computer shuts down while playing certain games

Delicious_Soups

Honorable
Sep 16, 2015
Okay, I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I'm having with my computer. It shuts down while playing specific titles. Like for example CSGO, and Valheim. Other games such as Battlefield 1 or GTA V, it does not happen.

After scavenging some fourms, I decided to make sure my cpu or gpu wasn't overheating. They are working just fine temp wise as far as I know. They stay around 50°C usually, maybe the temp peaks and cools down fast enough from boot screen to bios screen when I try to check temps. So, with that out of the way, I replaced the power supply, as this was the oldest part in my pc. Well, it didnt fix it, in fact a week later the computer couldn't handle CSGO open without it shutting off immediately. So next was a clean install of windows, and a fresh fancy MOBO. Well it seemed to fix the problem, until it just happened again. I'm at a loss, this computer is a year old... Should I start looking at new processors?

Specs:
Intel i5 9400f
Radeon 580 - bought refurbished (I know it was a bad idea)
Windows Installed on deticated ssd

Solution
I recorded a temp of 90C on my gpu while gaming seems really high to me. im guessing thats the issue... of course its kinda the worst time to invest in a good card...
You don't need to invest in a new gpu, but you can adjust the fan curve, undervolt it, or you can improve your chassis airflow

Delicious_Soups

Honorable
Sep 16, 2015
Full specs?
Any overclocking?
Which tools you've used to check your temps?
Sorry I should have included full specs.
Other specs are: 650w psu (Apevia)
Master box q300L
Corsair water cooler single fan
16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Intel i5 9400f
Radeon 580
2 ssds and a hhd
-
And no overclocking, this cpu is locked and I haven't tweaked the gpu.

For the programs it's CoreTemp and also did a lot of stress tests using Kombustor. If you can recommend a better cpu temp monitor let me know man... Ty

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
Sorry I should have included full specs.
Other specs are: 650w psu (Apevia)
Master box q300L
Corsair water cooler single fan
16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Intel i5 9400f
Radeon 580
2 ssds and a hhd
-
And no overclocking, this cpu is locked and I haven't tweaked the gpu.

For the programs it's CoreTemp and also did a lot of stress tests using Kombustor. If you can recommend a better cpu temp monitor let me know man... Ty
Use Afterburner and RTSS to monitor your CPU and GPU usage and temps while gaming.
I wouldn't trust that PSU, if temps are safe so that could be the problem

TRENDING THREADS