Question Computer shuts off randomly or display loses signal. Reboot has VGA light on motherboard on and nvme ssd not apearing in bios? Any advice what the is

Dec 28, 2022
Rig specs

-Ryzen 9 3900x

-Asus rog strix x570-e Gaming

-G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB DDR4 3600

-Seagate Firecuda 520 500GB SSD Gen4 X4 NVMe 1.3(boot drive)

-Seagate barracuda 120 1TB SSD Sata 6gb/s

- EVGA SuperNOVA 220, G3, 80 Plus Gold 1000W

-Seagate Firecuda 520 1TB SSD Gen4 X4 NVMe 1.3 ( added June 2021)

-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra, iCX3 Cooling (added March 2022, replaced my EVGA GTX 1070)

My PC randomly shuts off without warning. There is no blue screen, and it doesn't freeze. Or my monitor loses signal, but I still get audio. Upon rebooting, the VGA light on the motherboard remains on, and the monitor says no signal. Restart PC, then the monitor receives signal but the but unable to boot windows as the boot drive or the other nvme ssd do not appear in bios, just the sata ssd. Restart again, able to get into Windows until the same process repeats. This started a week ago.

I tested my PSU with one of those power supply tester off Amazon, says it's fine. Tested another PSU to make sure.

I tried playing the GPU in a different PCI slot, and the same issue occurred. I tried my gtx 1070, I don't have the no signal issue with audio, but the computer still shuts off randomly with no errors. Based on the GPU issue and nvme , I guess it's a motherboard issue. Specifically, the PCI express.

I had to send the motherboard out in early November because I was having other issues with the computer freezing and not booting with random error lights staying on motherboard, etc. Got the motherboard back in early December. It was working fine until now.

Any thoughts as to what the issue is? Seems definitely to be hardware but not sure if it's nvme or the motherboard.

Dec 28, 2022
pcie issue is actually CPU issue, rarely bios related
try reseting CMOS and dont change anything in bios, no xmp, nothing

once pc turns off, when you press power button, does it starts up or you have to flip off/on psu switch to turn pc back on?

I don't have to turn the psu switch on/off just the power switch on the case a couple times.