Question Computer Shutting Down and Restarting with No Reason

MrPooGu

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
I don't really know where to put this thread so I'm putting it in Windows as I think it's a windows issue.

My computer in the past few days has crashed/restarted while idle and when I am gone doing something, like at work or eating breakfast. I think one of the issues might be that one of my monitors likes to turn off after sitting in idle and it might confuse Windows? Or maybe it doesn't know what to do when it reaches a certain point of idle? It only happens when my computer is idle and doesn't happen while I'm gaming so I know that I don't have any issues with the hardware.

In the Event Viewer it doesn't say anything but "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." And it's Kernel-Power Event ID : 41

Jun 30, 2020
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." And it's Kernel-Power Event ID : 41

Please make sure there is no power supply fluctuations. If your pc is connected with good UPS then suggest you check voltages in bios and also via software like AIDA64.

Also download AMD processor diagnostic tool and run it, will help you in detecting processor faults if any.

MrPooGu

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." And it's Kernel-Power Event ID : 41

Please make sure there is no power supply fluctuations. If your pc is connected with good UPS then suggest you check voltages in bios and also via software like AIDA64.

Also download AMD processor diagnostic tool and run it, will help you in detecting processor faults if any.
Computer is plugged into a good UPS, I have CPUID HWMonitor and voltages are all in the same range, going fine. I can't seem to install the AMD Processor diagnostic tool, doesn't seem to want to work.
Edit - I got the monitor to work, what should I be looking for?

Jun 30, 2020
Computer is plugged into a good UPS, I have CPUID HWMonitor and voltages are all in the same range, going fine. I can't seem to install the AMD Processor diagnostic tool, doesn't seem to want to work.
Edit - I got the monitor to work, what should I be looking for?
If possible swap another compatible processor on system and see if you get rid of the problem.
P.S had similar problems, finally processor died.

MrPooGu

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
If possible swap another compatible processor on system and see if you get rid of the problem.
P.S had similar problems, finally processor died.
I do not have a processor to swap it with. I tried something else that others have done to fix the problem. I'm thinking it's a Windows issue.

Edit. Messed around with the Windows Sleep Settings, I fixed it I believe. I'm gonna let it sit and run a couple more times but I think the problem is fixed.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020
I do not have a processor to swap it with. I tried something else that others have done to fix the problem. I'm thinking it's a Windows issue.

Edit. Messed around with the Windows Sleep Settings, I fixed it I believe. I'm gonna let it sit and run a couple more times but I think the problem is fixed.
👌
Do post in thread what changes you did...