Question Computer shutting down. (PSU Issue)

Feb 25, 2019
Hello,

So i have a completely operational system, until i plug in my new SilverStone SFX SX500-G Gold 500W Power Supply. Everything runs smoothly until i run a game such as Assassins Creed Odyssey then the Machine shuts down and wont restart until i pull the power and plug back in. There are still lights on the mother board so not sure if shuts down is exactly the right phrase.

The operational PSU is an ATX Corsair 650W.

Current system parts:

Streacom DA2 Black Mini ITX Case
Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard
AMD RYZEN 5 1600X

Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 56 8G (HBM2) , Air Cooling
Noctua NH-U9S CPU Cooler
extra Noctua NF-A9 92mm PWM Fan
CORSAIR Vengeance 2 x 8GB
Samsung 970 EVO PRO 512GB M.2 SSD

+ a couple of SSD.

I sent the SX500- G Back and recieved the following:

We have received your PSU back in under warranty, however after extensive testing we have been unable to replicate the fault you described.

We plugged your power supply into one of our test systems which booted without issue. We installed a GTX 1080TI and then ran prime 95 and FurMark for 15 minuets without issue. We then closed off the testing with 15 minuets of Heavenbench without a problem.

I wont rule out that im doing something wrong. Is it possible to plug incorrectly and have the system run... mostly?

Please, i need opinions. Im about to give up and throw it on ebay and purchase: Corsair SF600 High Performance SFX Power Supply 80 PLUS Gold CP-9020105-AU

Cheers
J

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
The only thing that could have gone wrong if the PSU was tested to work is if you hadn't plugged in a cable all the way, or had forgotten to plug something in. Yes, it is possible for a system to "mostly" run with an incorrectly plugged cable. This has happened to me before. I had plugged in the 24-pin crookedly, and as soon as I put the system under load it crashed.

Feb 25, 2019
Re-plugged everything for the umpteenth time and still failure under load.

Current theory is the case is restricting the graphics card fully engaging with motherboard. Will have to pull system apart to test.

Cheers