[SOLVED] Computer slow to turn on/load

Aug 7, 2021
When I go to turn on my computer, it takes about 7 minutes to reach the login screen. After I login, it will take a few minutes to load my desktop. When I attempt to open anything it takes a long time (Task Manager took 47 seconds). Once I can finally get something up and running it works almost seamlessly. Trying to download/update something is also a painful process. The download will begin fine, then after a few seconds stall out at 0b/s. I have run a scan as well as memory diagnostics and everything came back good. My disk space is nowhere close to being full.
SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPUL RX 5700
RAM: 16Gb

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of storage are you working with? If it's an HDD, then it's likely that the HDD will croak soon. If it's an SSD, then you will need to reinstall your OS. As for the disk drive being full, that's a bad thing to have when on an HDD or an SSD. In fact you're advised to have your SSD half full(the other 50% empty helps keep the SSD running optimally).

On second thoughts, please include the make and model of your PSU, the storage otpions, your GPU, the OS version(if you're on Windows 10).

Aug 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of storage are you working with? If it's an HDD, then it's likely that the HDD will croak soon. If it's an SSD, then you will need to reinstall your OS. As for the disk drive being full, that's a bad thing to have when on an HDD or an SSD. In fact you're advised to have your SSD half full(the other 50% empty helps keep the SSD running optimally).

On second thoughts, please include the make and model of your PSU, the storage otpions, your GPU, the OS version(if you're on Windows 10).
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5
PSU: Corsair CX550M
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700
OS Build: 18363.1679 (Says it was installed 2019 but I've definitely updated since then)

When I go to turn on my computer, it takes about 7 minutes to reach the login screen. After I login, it will take a few minutes to load my desktop. When I attempt to open anything it takes a long time (Task Manager took 47 seconds). Once I can finally get something up and running it works almost seamlessly. Trying to download/update something is also a painful process. The download will begin fine, then after a few seconds stall out at 0b/s. I have run a scan as well as memory diagnostics and everything came back good. My disk space is nowhere close to being full.
SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPUL RX 5700
RAM: 16Gb
Check all the cables are secure, reseat the ram and the graphics card.