[SOLVED] Computer Slowly Dying, Plz Help

Dec 29, 2018
Last year for Christmas I was lucky enough to get a newish computer. It was a second hand office desktop that had decent specs and I got a GeForce Gtx 1050 ti put in it.
At first it was running fine, on watchdogs 2 I was getting 30-60fps on max settings 1080p. And most other games on max settings 60fps and above. But recently I've started to get a lot of stuttering and dropping below 60fps in all games. Now when I play watchdogs 2 (lowest possible settings and in a square box resolution) I'm lucky if I get 25fps.
And I've just recently got the forest which I know that I should get at the least 60fps on high settings but I always get stutters on low settings.

Look I don't really know much about computers and I've been searching across the internet to find a fix but nothing's really worked. Please if anyone can give me a hand I would really appreciate it.

Here's my pc specs:
GeForce gtx 1050 ti
i5 3470
2x4gb 1600mhz memory ddr3
930gb hdd
500w psu

If you need to know any about any other parts I can find out.

Solution
What are you using to determine that you should be getting at least 60FPS on the forest?

Some games are just terribly optimized, regardless of how bad in quality they may look.

If you think your parts might be the issue you can monitor your temps, and check to see if there is throttling involved. If not check for updated drivers. Try a fresh format. Could be a million things tbh. but ANY game under your monitor refresh rate, will cause stutters.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
What are you using to determine that you should be getting at least 60FPS on the forest?

Some games are just terribly optimized, regardless of how bad in quality they may look.

If you think your parts might be the issue you can monitor your temps, and check to see if there is throttling involved. If not check for updated drivers. Try a fresh format. Could be a million things tbh. but ANY game under your monitor refresh rate, will cause stutters.

Solution