Computer slows down and sound distorts

Technefy

Honorable
Jul 12, 2014
Hi, This is a custom built PC and I am experiencing issues with it. I check my task manager and everything is under 100% in usage. For instance, When I go on Speedtest.net my computer slows down while running the test and at the same time my music is laggy and distorted. This also happens when I play a game, The computer drops to 20 frames for 5 seconds and it goes back to normal. I reinstalled my PC and the problem consists. Do you know what is wrong with this system? i7 4790k GIGAABYTE GTX 970 G.SKILL DDR1866 RAM Seagate Barracuda 1TB Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5.
I appreciate all your resonances thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
check you have latest bios
set power plan to High Performance, set screen/pc to never turn off, in advanced power options: set hdd to never turn off
Make sure you have latest Motherboard drivers
Run driver booster and see what you missed

run http://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/ to see if its hdd causing slow down

you should have an SSD, rest of pc is so much faster than hdd... but anyway.

Technefy

Honorable
Jul 12, 2014

Alright I will try that. Thank you for your suggestions :)

Technefy

Honorable
Jul 12, 2014
It happens when I run speedtest.net. The computer stutters and slows down. During that time my Skype says that there is no microphone found and sound isn't working. It seems like the computer is about to crash.. I tried the above settings but that did not solve the issue.