[SOLVED] Computer smelled burnt and won’t turn on

May 21, 2020
So a couple of days ago I was just downloading a game on my pc when it all of a sudden it turned off and started smelling like it was burning. So I unplugged it all and let it sit for a bit. When I came back to it, it wouldn’t turn on and there was no signs of burning. I looked up my problem and I saw a lot of things saying the PSU was broken. So I got a new PSU hoping that would fix it. Unfortunately, it didn’t and even with a new PSU it would not turn on. When I flip the switch on the PSU, a little white light on my GPU flashes and the lights on my keyboard and headset flash too. Just short little flashes that don’t stop repeating. Also there is a soft beeping coming from inside the computer that matches the beeping. The power button in the case does nothing. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks in advance.

Solution
I'm tending to suspect the motherboard (being you got a new psu)....and even though it doesn't smell now in the air around your PC...take your nose and sniff around real close around all the components and I think there's a decent chance you might find it.
I'm tending to suspect the motherboard (being you got a new psu)....and even though it doesn't smell now in the air around your PC...take your nose and sniff around real close around all the components and I think there's a decent chance you might find it.

Solution