[SOLVED] Computer starts fast, slows down, then crashes

shane_bowe

Commendable
May 9, 2016
I had never had a problem with my computer, I went to college and didn't take it with me. I came back home about 5-6 months later and used my PC again with no problems at all and decided I want to take it back! So I did and made sure it was nice and cushioned for the drive back. Upon arriving and setting up the computer it started crashing. It would start fast and then slow down unbelievably so and then just crash and give me a blue screen with a ":(" face saying they will collect the data and restart the PC (never restarts) I have since RMAd my graphics card which I believed to be the problem but now with the replacement... Same problem!! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
Did you google the exact code that comes up? It should look something like this : 0x00000018. That's pretty much the easiest way to tell what's wrong. It could be a hard drive issue also. Test your HDD with HDtune

shane_bowe

Commendable
May 9, 2016

When in the event viewer it is all just "information" except for errors saying that the PC was shut down unexpectedly and then the criticals of when it shuts down. Also these are the other errors, I don't know if they relate in any way

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

shane_bowe

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Just did.. seeing alot about "Blue Screen Of Death"... and I dont think it would be dust, I have dusted this thing a ton, I originally thought it was dust build up as well.

elderMat7

Honorable
Feb 4, 2018
Did you google the exact code that comes up? It should look something like this : 0x00000018. That's pretty much the easiest way to tell what's wrong. It could be a hard drive issue also. Test your HDD with HDtune

Solution

shane_bowe

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Thanks! computer crashed while installing HDtune, I have like 5 minutes per startup, The weird thing about the error is there is no code. A blue screen almost "melts" down? I dont know how to explain it, and thenIt just says,
"
:(
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
"
And then after it doesn't restart or anything just shuts off

TRENDING THREADS