computer starts normally then shuts off

astraeos

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I've been having a rough day... I got a new graphics card, motherboard and power supply today. I rebuilt my computer twice now.

Initially when I had the new motherboard, power supply and 2nd graphics card in the computer would start normally and then crash after a while (I had logged in and was changing my settings).

I was told that I would need to do a clean install so I rushed out to best buy and bought their only copy of windows 10 which was in Spanish (just keeps getting better).

Computer still crashed, when I tried loading up windows 10 and installing, it would crash.

After a few attempts I decided the motherboard wasn't worth the headache and id be able to return it. Put my old board in and I still had the problem that the computer would start up, give me the ok beep and do its normal load up, only to crash.

I now think its the power supply, I checked multiple times, everything was plugged in, so I took out the new one and put the old back in. Again, the computer would start up, give the ok beep and then shut off shortly after.

I have never encountered this and I have no idea how to even start fixing it. Please help

astraeos

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I've also tried testing different ram slots, having on stick of ram in, and taking the battery out and putting it back in.

It loads normally but before I get to the windows screen it shuts down

astraeos

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Currently:
Gpu: Amd radeon r9 270x (x2)
Psu: 600w (idk the brand, came with the PC I initially bought)
CPU: Amd 8350 black edition
Ram: 16gb corasir vengance

New parts I bought:
Evga supernova 850g2
Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5 r5