[SOLVED] Computer starts with 1 stick of ram, but constantly reboots with 2 installed?

Jan 23, 2021
I just built my first pc, I have a b460 ds3h mobo, 10th gen 15-10500, and 2 x 8gb 3600mhz Corsair vengeance rgb pro ram. With one stick it boots up fine, I made an XMR profile in bios, but when I try to power on my machine with both stick of ram it turns on with no display for almost a minute and restarts. It will do this endlessly and I don’t know why?

Solution
Boot off a Memtest86 USB with each stick separately and go through a full test.

It's a long shot but there is also a known, weird issue affecting memory slots when the CPU cooler is too tight. Make sure you are following the installation instructions for your specific cooler.
Jan 23, 2021
Did you buy the two sticks at one kit?
Are you installing the two sticks in the correct slots? (usually the second and fourth slots from the CPU)
Yes I bought a 2 pack, and have tried all of the sequences, including 2 and 4. I can boot up with either stick in any port, but not both at the same time.

Jan 23, 2021
Yes. I was trying to troubleshoot more last night and discovered that it will recognize the ram in either of the B1/2 slots, but it will only start will the stick in A1/2. I can post with both sticks in the A slots, in which it gives me an error message to reinstall 2 - 4 or 3 - 4 in bios, and shuts down

Boot off a Memtest86 USB with each stick separately and go through a full test.

It's a long shot but there is also a known, weird issue affecting memory slots when the CPU cooler is too tight. Make sure you are following the installation instructions for your specific cooler.

Solution