Question Computer startup issue ?

rsprenkle

Commendable
Sep 2, 2021
The other day I shut down my pc. When I went to turn on again it would not post to the bios screen.
I removed one stick of ram and it started.
Replaced both sticks of ram and it started and worked, however the next morning it would not boot. So once again I removed a stick of ram and it booted. After it starts I can shut down and put both sticks in and it restarts but then will not restart the next day.
It makes no sense to me as it does not matter which stick of ram I use. I also ran the windows memory checker and everything was fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

PC Specs:
MB:Gigabyte H81M-S2H Motherboard
Processor:I5 3.3ghz processor
RAM:16 GB DDR3 (2x8GB 1866mhz)
HD:Samsung 850 pro 256gb SSD
Optical:Samsung DVD Multi Recorder
GPU:Nvidia Quadro K2000 video card
Case:Inwin EM048b w 350w power supply

Last edited by a moderator:
The other day I shut down my pc. When I went to turn on again it would not post to the bios screen.
I removed one stick of ram and it started.
Replaced both sticks of ram and it started and worked, however the next morning it would not boot. So once again I removed a stick of ram and it booted. After it starts I can shut down and put both sticks in and it restarts but then will not restart the next day.
It makes no sense to me as it does not matter which stick of ram I use. I also ran the windows memory checker and everything was fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

PC Specs:
MB:Gigabyte H81M-S2H Motherboard
Processor:I5 3.3ghz processor
RAM:16 GB DDR3 (2x8GB 1866mhz)
HD:Samsung 850 pro 256gb SSD
Optical:Samsung DVD Multi Recorder
GPU:Nvidia Quadro K2000 video card
Case:Inwin EM048b w 350w power supply
is the bios on the latest? maybe you also want to test it with another psu.