Question Computer Stopped Working after Transport?

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
I usually transport my pc in my car just as is. I know I should take care of the parts during transport but out of the hundreds of times I've transported I think now might have done it.

My PC turns on but it will not pull up display. I tried both with the onboard graphics and several graphics cards. My trouble shoot process is this;

I took out the ram, test each stick, pulled out the cmos, tried using the reset jumper, switching pcie ports for the graphics card. Nothing pulls up picture. My motherboard's error checking leds says everything is on and fine. I even ran the system with no ram to see the ram light go up and it did.

I tested each part on a separate system. My gpu is fine, my ram is also fine, I also used different power supplies, it doesn't make a difference so I'm thinking it might be my motherboard. But is there anything I could have missed? Or what could have cause the display to stop working? Every time I plug the cable into the monitor switching from onboard to gpu, it will light up the monitor but it will go back to sleep because it says that there is no display picture.

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
Have you tried another known working video cable? Maybe the video cable simply failed in some manner one unplug/plug-in too many...

Have you tried another known working monitor?

Or a known working TV that can be used as a computer monitor?
I tried hdmi and dvi, both are working fine with other builds. I got a new motherboard to see if thats the issue, if it is, I am wondering if I can still use a motherboard that has no video output or if there is any other workaround?

Ralston18

Titan
You must become more methodical in your efforts to resolve the problem.

Change only one thing at a time.

Step by step.

Also: note @DRagor 's questions (Post #2).

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information. AKA the requested "parts list".

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Consider the circumstances- what if anything may have been different about the last "transport"?

During transport were there any really rough bangs/bumps?

Was the computer left inside a vehicle subject to high temperatures or extreme cold?

TRENDING THREADS