Question Computer stuck in power cycle

Apr 28, 2020
MB: ASRock X570 pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5
Ram: 2x Corsair 8gb ddr4 sticks
Gpu: GeForce 2060 super
Ps: evga supernova g+ 650w
1tb ssd

I was playing recently and noticed that even though I had two 8gb sticks of ram I only had 8gb total ram. So assuming I slotted one incorrectly, I reslotted my ram to 2/4 (from 1/3) and when I tried turning it back on it was stuck in a 10ish second power loop with no display. The motherboard DRAM and CPU lights are red.
I've already made sure every power connector is secured and have tried every possible combination of ram in different ram slots and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Apr 28, 2020
MB: ASRock X570 pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5
Ram: 2x Corsair 8gb ddr4 sticks
Gpu: GeForce 2060 super
Ps: evga supernova g+ 650w
1tb ssd

I was playing recently and noticed that even though I had two 8gb sticks of ram I only had 8gb total ram. So assuming I slotted one incorrectly, I reslotted my ram to 2/4 (from 1/3) and when I tried turning it back on it was stuck in a 10ish second power loop with no display. The motherboard DRAM and CPU lights are red.
I've already made sure every power connector is secured and have tried every possible combination of ram in different ram slots and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
Update: when I unplug the CPU from the power supply it doesn't power cycle anymore. Does this mean I need a new CPU?