[SOLVED] Computer stuck in restarting loop

barnesl123

Reputable
Dec 21, 2018
My motherboard is the Z170 Pro gaming.

I went to update it and after restarting got to the EZ Flash 3 page. There I couldn’t access the .cap file so put in the disk that came with the motherboard and used that. The progress bar at the bottom filler and then the computer rebooted. After rebooting the monitor didn’t turn on and the computer rebooted again after about 30 seconds, this just carried on repeating.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Solution
You might have bricked the board when you tried to flash the bios. I would try clearing the CMOS (probably wont help, but worth a shot). To clear the CMOS remove the battery for about 10 seconds. It is round and about the size of a quarter.

If that does not work I would try running one stick of RAM at a time in each slot and see if you can get it to boot.
You might have bricked the board when you tried to flash the bios. I would try clearing the CMOS (probably wont help, but worth a shot). To clear the CMOS remove the battery for about 10 seconds. It is round and about the size of a quarter.

If that does not work I would try running one stick of RAM at a time in each slot and see if you can get it to boot.

Solution