Question Computer Stuck on ASUS Boot Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2019
Hello,
I currently have a little problem with my Computer. Every other time when I press the power button, the Computer gets stuck at the ASUS Boot Screen (Image attached, taken from another user with the same problem).
When I then press reset/power and restart it, there is a chance it boots or the same thing happens again. I have to repeat this until it boots.

3218ec75_boot.jpeg

My system:
M5A97 R2.0 Evo Mainboard from Asus
AMD FX 8350, 16GB DDR3 RAM
AMD RX 580 8GB
120GB SSD, 2TB HDD
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Now here are the things I tried:
  • Removed all HDDs except the boot drive (I had 2 HDDs at some point, but one is now broken)
  • Mainboard Firmware is up-to-date
  • Clean Windows 10 reinstall (multiple times)
  • Sanitizing my SSD(I had thought maybe there were some leftover boot entries or something like that and so it gets stuck)
  • Tested literally EVERY setting in my UEFI BIOS that could have anything to do (but please do recommend me something, maybe I forgot 1-2)
  • Tested RAM with MEMTest (overnight more than 40+ passes)
  • SSD and HDD have been tested too, everything OK.
  • Reset BIOS multiple times

I am at my wits end. I do not know what to do and that bug is seriously annoying.
If you do have any suggestions please feel free to post them.

Thanks!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It may need a proper troubleshooting process soon, but just as first thoughts:
  • Have you tried removing all unnecessary storage drives entirely AS WELL as all USB connections and see if the issue persists?
  • Do you have any temperature issues at all?
  • What PSU make and model do you have?
  • Are your RAM modules from the same pack?
  • Are you running any overclock anywhere at all?

Jul 24, 2019
It may need a proper troubleshooting process soon, but just as first thoughts:
  • Have you tried removing all unnecessary storage drives entirely AS WELL as all USB connections and see if the issue persists?
  • Do you have any temperature issues at all?
  • What PSU make and model do you have?
  • Are your RAM modules from the same pack?
  • Are you running any overclock anywhere at all?
Hello, thank you for taking your time to help me!

1. Yes, I tried that a few times. I disconnected every single thing except Power and DVI and it would still happen.
  2. I have no temperature issues. This PC has a AIO Watercooling solution in it and even with heavy load it doesnt heat up higher than 70. GPU is max. 85 but that never really happens.
  3. I have a Thermaltake Paris 650W 80+ Gold PSU
  4. Yes, the RAM is Corsair Dominator and both from the same package. Sold as 2x8GB
  5. This PC is not Overclocked (Yeah, I know the AIO is Overkill :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.