[SOLVED] Computer suddenly running poorly

Jan 16, 2019
Up till resent I have been able to play almost anything at over 60fps till suddenly I dropped on every game I have to 10fps no matter the game.
I have 16 gb ram a GTX970m and a intel i7-7700. Any help would be great.

Solution
It could be a number of things. Too many programs running, excessive temporary files, spyware, malware, virus. Could be Windows updates, fast start up needs to be unchecked or a defrag is needed. Write down more details of your hardware profiles like psu, SSd or HDD, running new programs or updates. Keep in mind if you're running newer more resource using games the 970 slows down when it's taxed for all 4gb.
With the little information you've given, the first thing I'd do is a speed test of your internet. see if the problem's isn't something outside your system. Then run a virus scan, go to C: drive and run the Disk clean up in C: Properties, then in the tools tab run the Error Checker ('Check now') and Defragment tool. Spyware scan...

Rexer

Distinguished
It could be a number of things. Too many programs running, excessive temporary files, spyware, malware, virus. Could be Windows updates, fast start up needs to be unchecked or a defrag is needed. Write down more details of your hardware profiles like psu, SSd or HDD, running new programs or updates. Keep in mind if you're running newer more resource using games the 970 slows down when it's taxed for all 4gb.
With the little information you've given, the first thing I'd do is a speed test of your internet. see if the problem's isn't something outside your system. Then run a virus scan, go to C: drive and run the Disk clean up in C: Properties, then in the tools tab run the Error Checker ('Check now') and Defragment tool. Spyware scan next and a malware scan if you got one.
Hope this helps.

Solution

Rexer

Distinguished
Did you ever fix the problem?
What's your machine's profile? The guts of your rig (like psu, motherboard, ssd, . The Operating system and what games you play. Steam, Epic, EA? Did you update bios and chipset? What do you use this computer for other than games.