Computer temperature questions and advice needed.

Ashix117

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Specs: intel core i5, 4440 @ 3.10ghz GTX750ti LGA1150(mobo)

When under a heavy load(Mainly playing Guild Wars 2), my temps seem to get up to 70c across the board. The GPU getting even higher, near 80c. Is this normal? What can I do to lower temps? I smell the inside of the PC, and it smells fine(So no burning), but the metal feels warm(Not scalding, just warm, where the air comes out)

Thanks in advance.

Solution
According to your results , the temperature doesnt seem good. It's too high.
GTX 750Ti doesnt across 65c during heavy gaming, and that non K CPU temperature should be around 60-65c.
Use some intake - exhaust fans in your case to cool down. or Make sure your case has good Airflow.
It can depend on a lot of things. Ambient temperature in the room will increase temperatures all around. What case you have and how many fans you have running. The cpu temps aren't off the chart, they're running a bit warm but could be from using the stock cooler and higher case temps. The gpu temps seem a bit on the high side, different 750ti's can run different temps but a more normal load temp would be around 60-67c. It depends on what software you're using to monitor temps, some don't accurately report temps.

This shows some of the temp differences among different 750ti cards.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_750_Ti_OC/29.html

Ashix117

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, using a stock cooler and stock case. So....With those temps, basically 80c for the entire system(Rounded up, as I do believe it /could/ hit that), is that bad? If it stayed at 80c that is.

RababNoor

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
According to your results , the temperature doesnt seem good. It's too high.
GTX 750Ti doesnt across 65c during heavy gaming, and that non K CPU temperature should be around 60-65c.
Use some intake - exhaust fans in your case to cool down. or Make sure your case has good Airflow.

Solution