Computer turn on and off while new GPU installed

nai249

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
I am currently running a GTX 760and i5 4670K no overclock. I have 16gb of ddr3 1600hz RAM that I just installed. My motherboard is MSI z87 g45. My PSU is HX750 by Corsair.

I recently tried to upgrade to a Vega 56 and 16gb of ram, at first it didn't work but after fiddling around my computer started and I was able to install the drivers. All was working fine until I tried to play a game. After about 5-10min the computer straight up powered off, not blue screen just turned off and turn on again. This was strange, no error message either. I turn off the computer again to make sure everything was seated correctly and all plugs were in. But when I tried to turn on the PC again, it would just repeatedly turn on and off, lasting only 3 seconds before it turned off. I tried putting my GTX 760 back in and it started up like normal.

I have tried to clear bios
reseated everything

I have tried to look for solutions online but nothings worked so far. Please help if you can.

nai249

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nai249 : "Computer turns off when starting a game!!"

I am currently running a GTX 760 and i5 4670K no overclock. I have 16gb of ddr3 1600hz RAM that I just installed. My motherboard is MSI z87 g45. My PSU is HX750 by Corsair.

I recently tried to upgrade to a Vega 56 and 16gb of ram, at first it didn't work but after fiddling around my computer started and I was able to install the drivers. All was working fine until I tried to play a game. After about 5-10min the computer straight up powered off, not blue screen just turned off and turn on again.

However I simply cannot find a fix to this issue. I don't know what is wrong, it works find on desktop but running a game makes it shut off.