Question Computer Turning Off and Restarting

Nov 3, 2022
So the story starts as follows;

Around three/four years ago I purchased a 5700X and a Gigabyte Aorus Elite, 32GB, 2080 Ti, Corsair RM750 750W. I have had the PSU since like 2016/2017 it was from my original PC and is the only part from my original pc except for like HDD and SSDs. I then purchased a 5950X a couple months after launch and swapped my CPU. I notice this weird error where my PC would just shutoff and reboot. It shutoff as if your pressed the power button screen goes black and I hear a beep RGB on and it reboots. So after tweaking with the BIOS I figured out the issue was XMP. This is what I assumed it was because the moment I turned it off If I recall correctly the issue went away.

Maybe a year later I purchased an Gen 4x4 PCI NVME drive and put it in my PC and had issues where is would corrupt under load and you couldn't read or write to it but it was still in Windows and I would have to restart my computer to fix it but because it would happen again under load the drive was basically useless I update bios, changed nvme slots, and what not, nothing so I RMA it and tried the one they sent back still the same issue so I reinstalled Windows same issue. So I put it in my PS5 no issues at all. During this time I was getting a bunch of BSOD death related to CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and some other one related to memory being written to or whatever.

So I tried replacing the RAM with new RAM same issue finally I reinstalled Windows and fixed the issue. Now at this point im at a semi stable point no random turn offs and no BSOD but no NVME or Onboard Ethernet and during this whole time troubleshooting I managed to break one of the clips for the DRAM slot. So I decided maybe I just buy a new motherboard. So purchased a new motherboard a few weeks ago, Ethernet works, NVME works, no BSOD, no broken DRAM clip. However this issue started appearing that is very similar to that of the original issue I got when I upgraded to the 5950X of random shutdowns (I notice this weird error where my PC would just shutoff and reboot. It shutoff as if your pressed the power button screen goes black and I hear a beep RGB on and it reboots). However this time my turning off XMP doesn't fix this issue.

So this happens randomly after long periods of time. Like I will be using my pc and go to bed just to wake up to it reboot and no this isn't Windows update. Also the most reproducible case is opening Modern Warefare 2 (2022) (Which in the past the modern COD games the newer ones have been the hardest on my system for stability they were the games that caused my BSOD during that issue). It isn't always that it causes this issue but It appears to be if my computer is idle i.e. im not doing anything or when I quit playing it and do something else and go back. Cause once it shuts down and reboots I can usually play and there isn't an issue until I comeback to playing it after doing something else. So I'm thinking its either my PSU or CPU.

Thoughts sorry about the rambling but I wanted to write out the clear history of this PC.

PC Part Picker List

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qr2Kd9

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just for the sake of relevance, adding lines in your wall of text aids in the community's comprehension and subsequent ease of answering your thread.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite

Gigabyte don't just have one Aorus Elite board in their portfolio, which one do you have?

Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
if possible include a PCPartPicker link to your build, for us to see what you've got to work with. BISO version for your motherboard? Checks temps for your system prior to the system rebooting. Once the system reboots abruptly go straight into BIOS and see what your CPU temps are. How are you cooling the processor?

Computer Turning Off and Restarting
That's usually a PSU issue or an overheating issue.

Nov 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just for the sake of relevance, adding lines in your wall of text aids in the community's comprehension and subsequent ease of answering your thread.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite

Gigabyte don't just have one Aorus Elite board in their portfolio, which one do you have?

Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
if possible include a PCPartPicker link to your build, for us to see what you've got to work with. BISO version for your motherboard? Checks temps for your system prior to the system rebooting. Once the system reboots abruptly go straight into BIOS and see what your CPU temps are. How are you cooling the processor?

Computer Turning Off and Restarting
That's usually a PSU issue or an overheating issue.

The old motherboard isn't of real concern just for context of the story. As for temps they are good, no issues there. PC doesn't go straight into BIOS just continues startup. I am cooling my CPU with a NZXT Kraken Z53. BIOS Version F4e. I updated my post with my PCPartPicker link.