Computer turning off automatically

superneupane83

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
After using it for 40-50 mins, my computer just cuts power and turns off. Immediately pressing the power button after that does nothing and have to wait like 5 mins to boot it up again. When it first happened I changed the power cable and it worked but does not anymore. I changed the power supply and still no luck. I have been using it for 4 years and this did not occur before. I even installed an additional fan. All of the hardware is working properly. Could I please get some advice on how to solve this?

Solution
I would recommend downloading and using a monitoring program like HWMonitor or similar. There are a number of things that could be causing it, but the most likely is that your CPU is overheating and shutting itself down. Give your system a thorough cleaning, particularly your fans and filters, and check your temps.

If you let us know what CPU and CPU cooler you're using, and what your idle and load temps are, we can give you further recommendations.
I would recommend downloading and using a monitoring program like HWMonitor or similar. There are a number of things that could be causing it, but the most likely is that your CPU is overheating and shutting itself down. Give your system a thorough cleaning, particularly your fans and filters, and check your temps.

If you let us know what CPU and CPU cooler you're using, and what your idle and load temps are, we can give you further recommendations.

Solution