Computer turning off while gaming

May 6, 2018
Okay, so I just recently upgraded my Graphics card and my Ram. (I'm still pretty new to computers but some friends helped me know everything was compatable. I'm really bad at finding that stuff out). I went from a GTX 750 ti to a gtx 1050 ti, for ram I just upgraded it from 8gb ddr3 to 16gb ddr3. I knew my motherboard was old but I'm not quite sure how old or what it even is. I have a 600 watt power supply and and my processor is AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz.

I have quite a few fans in my computer and I idle at 35 degrees so I know it shouldn't be a temp problem, I believe the graphics card and ram were great so I dont think its them either. Based on research everyone says its either power shortage or over heating. I calculated it and I'm pretty sure my powers fine. I personally think it could be ram timings because I dont know much about ram. I am looking for some help though and willing to run tests if needed (i will probably need some walk throughs!) The issue usually occurs when I play PUBG. Its as though someone pulled the power cord out of my computer, it just shuts down. It doesn't restart. Completely shuts down. I play League of Legends as well and I used to sit at like 130 fps and 80fps lowest. Sometimes even up to 200 fps when first joining the match. Now it sits at like 70 fps and drops down to 20. I've just had really crap FPS and then the shutting down. It's frustrating but I'll take any help I can get!

Solution
The product page for your motherboard "MSI 760GMA-P34 (FX)" shows it does not support Windows 10 or 8. You need to run Windows 7 on this board for it to be stable.
"just upgraded it from 8gb ddr3 to 16gb ddr3"

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Adding extra memory, regardless of make or model number has no guarantee to be compatible when combined with other memory. Such combinations can cause the PC not to boot or the memory to be unable to operate at rated specifications.

May 6, 2018

I just changed it from 2 sticks of 4gb to 2 sticks of 8gb.

May 6, 2018

It appears to be a 6 pin, I searched for updates and it says the best drivers are already installed.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
As you say, you usually look to power and heat first, but none of what you're saying above rules out either as the culprit here; a 600W PSU can be a very good or very bad one and you don't evaluate a heat issue by looking at what's going on at idle, but what the temperatures are at load. What is your *exact* power supply? What are your *exact* temperatures at load, preferably your thermal margin using AMD Overdrive?

May 6, 2018

Could you give me a little guided walk through on what I should do and what I should post? Tests, screenshots, everything I need to do. I just want my computer to be fixed and better than It was before. Sucks to upgrade and end up worse.

1. What version of Windows are you using?
2. Check your video card drivers in Device Manager again. What is listed under Display adapters, plus under Properties > Driver, what is the Driver Date and Driver Version?

May 6, 2018

Windows 10 64 bit

Driver date 4/22/2018
Driver Version 24.21.13.9731

You wrote about the memory that you "changed it from 2 sticks of 4gb to 2 sticks of 8gb"

Try listing part numbers od memory or link to memory. As previously asked, "What is your *exact* power supply?", it is hard to tell just what you have there from the descriptions you give..

May 6, 2018

I'm not quite sure what settings I should be looking through. I assume my motherboard is just old and that could be causing it, or that my ram timings aren't correct. It just sucks to have such drops in frames and the computer to shut off. I'm not quite sure how to check my old ram timings or my new. I had a friend help me with all this stuff. As well as I do not know what my motherboard is.

Just download and run CPU-Z, it will give you all that information.

2z3qvkn.png

May 6, 2018

Here are mine

jsf09i.jpg
24l4jnt.jpg
2rz5evq.jpg
15q2io7.jpg

May 6, 2018

Thank you so much! i figured it was something like that, however; any chance you could help me find a dank ass motherboard that would support all of my shit? i really do struggle with this stuff.

A motherboard like the Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P with a newer AMD 970 chipset, lists support for Windows 10, but i'm not sure i would trust that claim.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-970A-DS3P-rev-10#support-dl-driver-audio