Question Computer turns on but stays in black screen

voltrex32

Honorable
Oct 6, 2017
Hello, hope everyone is having a good day, i have this Hp All in one 24 which i understand its a laptop motherboard in a desktop like case, it came with 6 gb of ram (2+4) and a 1 tb hdd, which i recently upgraded ram to 12 gb (8+4)and addeda 1 tb m.2 ssd cause it was so slow(was in april 30). I cloned the hard drive and installed the ssd on the slot and changed boot order in bios, had no issue booted normally way faster than on HDD but little slow for the spected speed on an ssd, but my mb only has 1x line for pcie m.2 so it was expected. Have to mention the computer started to make noises of speed up fan which didnt do before i did the upgrades, but didnt pay much attention to it,
The day after i did the upgrade i tried to turn it on and leds on keyboard and screen turned on but it stayed on black screen no matter what i did and keyboard leds didnt turn off even if i pressed caps lock or num lock, like if it was frozen but just before boot, thought maybe one of the pieces was faulty and started by removing the ssd since it was a clone of the hard drive, the computer booted on HDD normally after removing the ssd, thought was faulty ssd so i used an ssd to usb-c adapter to test it out and showed up normally so i put it back to pc to see if it boots, and to my surprise it booted normally on ssd, after boot started checking for logs of some kind but to be honest i didnt find anything that could told me what caused the ssd to fail or something cept for crystaldiskinfo that showed the ssd had reached up to 95 °C so thought that could have been the issue and installed a heatsink on the ssd (which i had by luck tbh) and the issue didnt show up again until today which solved again by dissasembling the computer and removing the ssd and put it back on.

Have to mention these last days have been really hot and the computer isnt on a cool place, not hot but not cool either, and this time i didnt hear any speed up fan noise to alert me of overheating, what could be the cause of this? system overheating in general? or just ssd, i dont want to have to dissassemble the pc everytime this happens.

here is the the picture of how my computer componentes are distributed, the HDD is just above the ssd and tbh the system cooling doesnt push air efficiently out of the case
https://ibb.co/rf2g88z

and this is my pc MB
https://ibb.co/WFxymYZ

Lutfij

Titan
Did you format the older drive after you'd verified your OS clone was successful? What parts did you add./upgrade/swap out? We will need makes and models of the sticks of ram and the SSD.

Did you make sure you were on the latest BIOS version prior to performing the ram and SSD upgrades?

Lastly, please pass on a link to the HP prebuilt you have.

voltrex32

Honorable
Oct 6, 2017
Did you format the older drive after you'd verified your OS clone was successful? What parts did you add./upgrade/swap out? We will need makes and models of the sticks of ram and the SSD.

Did you make sure you were on the latest BIOS version prior to performing the ram and SSD upgrades?

Lastly, please pass on a link to the HP prebuilt you have.
this is the link of the prebuilt system i have
https://support.hp.com/mx-es/document/c06442763

i didnt format the HDD just changed boot order and i wanted to make sure the ssd worked fine fine before formatting it just in case ssd stops working, and the HDD clone was successful when i did it.

i added a 1 tb kingston snv2s/1000g and swapped the 2gb module that was in the system for an 8gb ram vengeance ddr4 2400 mhz module

and lastly i didnt change anything in the bios cept for making sure it detected the ssd and ram then changed boot order and thats all

this is the link of the prebuilt system i have
https://support.hp.com/mx-es/document/c06442763

i didnt format the HDD just changed boot order and i wanted to make sure the ssd worked fine fine before formatting it just in case ssd stops working, and the HDD clone was successful when i did it.

i added a 1 tb kingston snv2s/1000g and swapped the 2gb module that was in the system for an 8gb ram vengeance ddr4 2400 mhz module

and lastly i didnt change anything in the bios cept for making sure it detected the ssd and ram then changed boot order and thats all

ok first of you shouldnt mix ram.

buy a kit of 2400 8gb x2 max support

mixing kits causes all types of issues as each memory stick will have diffrent timings.

remove the ram you added and see if it posts.

voltrex32

Honorable
Oct 6, 2017
ok first of you shouldnt mix ram.

buy a kit of 2400 8gb x2 max support

mixing kits causes all types of issues as each memory stick will have diffrent timings.

remove the ram you added and see if it posts.
it booted when i removed the ssd, booted to bios, then shut off, then reinstalled ssd and booted into ssd as usual, now its working normally from ssd, dont know why does it do that

voltrex32

Honorable
Oct 6, 2017
i cant seem to replicate the reason for the pc to fail, how to know which of the components is causing the system to fail, i just went for removing the ssd and didnt bother on checking ram, i dont want to dissassemble the pc everytime this happens, any idea?