[SOLVED] Computer turns on for a split second then turns off ?

Apr 14, 2022
System is:

Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 mobo
i7-4790 CPU
Vortex 80 plus bronze series 700w PSU
2 x Arktek 4gb 1600mhz RAM
No dedicated GPU (I'm using the HD4600 iGPU)
no OCing done in any way ,
Cooler Master hyper 212 cpu fan
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS

Ive tried to turn on the pc this morning and it came on for a split second (rgb fans , power led came on but no display) and it turns off with a crease (like ashing a cigarette for a split second) like sound near the cpu area. I've disconnected my hard drives (about 5) and tried it one more time , it did the same thing , I've done the paperclip test and the psu is working but when it's connected to boot the pc it does not work

I have no idea what might be the cause but I have been having memory usage problems where it tells me to close a program , the work load that might be too much for my pc is that I do audio production with massive projects that run 3rd party programs with fl studio , and im not sure if that had to do with anything... however a solution to the problem would be massively appreciated.

Solution
I don't have any spares , however a mate of mine does have one for a LGA 1150 , so I'll get in touch and check it out.

However , do you have any idea what could definitely be ruled out as the main problem like I had a feeling it would be my RAM because of the memory shortage issues I been encountering.
You do NOT need a powerfull PSU, event 300 watts would be OK for your PC. Just good quality.

The memory shortages you have, has nothing to do with the present problem.
It is very Likely that 8 GB are the limiting factor for your type of work. Simply increasing RAM to 16 GB would correct this problem.
But again , this has very likely no relation with your present problem of not being able to switch on the PC.
Apr 14, 2022
I just removed those 2x4pin yellow and black cables with the 24 pin connecter still connected and tried it , it gave me the same result.

And I don't have a video card soooo does this mean it isn't my cpu that's the problem ?

Apr 14, 2022
That means, psu when you put a load on it shut downs or motherboard has died
Does this mean my psu is malfunctioning or too much power is being pulled from it from a malfunctioning or dead motherboard ? Because even without the ram cards I get the same result with the method you recommended.

Sorry for all the questions , I don't really know all the way into a pc :(

Apr 14, 2022
To progress further, you really need access to another PSU.
The PSU is the most likely problem
I don't have any spares , however a mate of mine does have one for a LGA 1150 , so I'll get in touch and check it out.

However , do you have any idea what could definitely be ruled out as the main problem like I had a feeling it would be my RAM because of the memory shortage issues I been encountering.

You do NOT need a powerfull PSU, event 300 watts would be OK for your PC. Just good quality.

It is very Likely that 8 GB are the limiting factor for your type of work. Simply increasing RAM to 16 GB would correct this problem.
But again , this has very likely no relation with your present problem of not being able to switch on the PC.

Solution
Disconnect all RGB, all USB devices, all storage devices, all USB front panel connectors, all fans (leave cpu fan only), leave only single ram module.
24pin power connected, 2x4pin cpu power connector connected.
Then try to start your pc.

Apr 14, 2022

Yeah I bought this a while ago thinking I needed alot , but thanks man I will check around.