Question Computer turns on then off, turns back on and boots normally.

itachixg

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
its starts been happening just a few days ago .its been like a 1 year with the pc already.
what is triggering is when i turn off the surge suppressor which has the power supply cable connected . if the surge stays on the it wont happen.,,,

r5 3600
x470 f gaming asus strix
samsung 980 1tb ssd nvme
corsair 600wtt
16 gb ram hyperx rgb
rtx 2070super

i already disable ERP but with not results
i lowered the cpu voltages but with no results ( before that it has been like 82 max while gaming . and 50 to 60 while on google and youtube still didnt show that kind of behavious previously)
the ram is at 3000mhz - for some reason since i got the mb it didnt let me pass beyong that number . even thoug the cpu and mb are compatiible with more speeds.

itachixg

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
Never said your PSU is damaged. You do however have a PSU fit for an office PC that has no business attached to a 200+ watt dedicated gpu. Your common denominator is not using a surge protector which in turn only affects the PSU

you should know that even on full load my config would take up to 426 w already checked with more than one psu calculators. its a cosair 80 white certification . its no generic . i had running the pc for already two years and some months