[SOLVED] Computer Typing on its own, autofilled answers?

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
So I have this problem, and I notice its only when I play games. Particularly Rust, but I think that doesn't matter. My computer will randomly TYPE, things that I have typed before. Once it typed an email, then it typed a windows searchbar app and opened it. It's as if its a ghost or shadow in time that is copying me. But it retypes things that you normally find at an autofill. Like emails, autofilled answers, and stuff like that. It sounds SUPPPPER sketchy but perhaps I'm being too skeptical. but I dont see anything suspicious running in task manager. Must be a really sneak software if it is. I was hoping maybe its just a combination of keys I press playing games activate a autofill software or something. but anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
As well as scanning the whole pc with malware bytes i will scan the folders etc of all the "lent" items , the reason i say this is because i had some "lent" cad software that had evil bits in it.

I would also recomend you do a full scan with windows defender , it will take a lot time.
I dont run defender in the background , i do manual scans with it once a week , it does sometimes find things that other programs miss.
The first thing you need to do is look at the security and profile settings in whatever browser you are using. You will find a slider for saved passwords , auto fill and payment methods plus a few more similar type of items , turn all of these off so no information is saved.

Next look at add and remove programs list to see if their has been anything downloaded and installed as part of something else that you might not know you have. Also , on the program list page click on the top right corner " programs and features" and look at that list , the reason i say this is because for some strange reason add/remove does not always list everything you have installed.

Next run scans with malwarebytes.

Have you used malwarebytes before. The reason I ask this is because you may not be fully aware of how Malwarebytes works. Infections of any kind can be made up of many segments , if you clicked on anything it found before quarantining and deleting you might have seen it say something like joe bloggs pup 5 , this means that joe bloggs pup is made up of 5 segments.
This is the important bit.... Malwarebytes is one of the best programs around but it cant always get rid of all segments of something on the first scan/quarantine/delete. You must do repeated scans till it finds nothing.

Also try adwcleaner by the same company

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
The first thing you need to do is look at the security and profile settings in whatever browser you are using. You will find a slider for saved passwords , auto fill and payment methods plus a few more similar type of items , turn all of these off so no information is saved.

Next look at add and remove programs list to see if their has been anything downloaded and installed as part of something else that you might not know you have. Also , on the program list page click on the top right corner " programs and features" and look at that list , the reason i say this is because for some strange reason add/remove does not always list everything you have installed.

Next run scans with malwarebytes.

Have you used malwarebytes before. The reason I ask this is because you may not be fully aware of how Malwarebytes works. Infections of any kind can be made up of many segments , if you clicked on anything it found before quarantining and deleting you might have seen it say something like joe bloggs pup 5 , this means that joe bloggs pup is made up of 5 segments.
This is the important bit.... Malwarebytes is one of the best programs around but it cant always get rid of all segments of something on the first scan/quarantine/delete. You must do repeated scans till it finds nothing.

Also try adwcleaner by the same company

I downloaded malware bytes, and ran it. In looking into the files they flagged. Some are just pngs and jpgs of HOW TO REMOVE, in their title and trainers that I used for gaming, which have never caused this issue before. I also checked my installed program lists, nothing out of the ordinary. I am usually very precautious with installations because I do have a lot of "software" that lets just say a friend lent me, and those also never caused this kind of problem.

I removed all my passwords from chrome, but literally as I was writing this reply the autofill/type happened again. It was an email I sent to work. I might have been the title of the email but it also looks like a google search as well. I cleared my cookies and remove my passwords autofill capabilities. I'm not sure what else to do, resetting would be a huge last resort because there are just too many files and directories I need to be sure don't contain anything I need. So any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you for your response though!dude

As well as scanning the whole pc with malware bytes i will scan the folders etc of all the "lent" items , the reason i say this is because i had some "lent" cad software that had evil bits in it.

I would also recomend you do a full scan with windows defender , it will take a lot time.
I dont run defender in the background , i do manual scans with it once a week , it does sometimes find things that other programs miss.

Solution