Question Computer Useless after 3D Printer Explodes

frostynips17

Commendable
Mar 8, 2018
Hi all,
I previously made a post about my friends pc issues, which were fixed by what was said, thanks all
This time however is different. He was plugged in via USB to his 3d printer. Not 2-3 minutes after plugging it in a loud pop, smoke and crackling began from the 3d printers power supply. Simultaneously the pc shut down with all RGB Lights turning off (They are normally on when shutdown). When my friend had stopped the roaring blaze of the printer he went to turn the pc on, but when he pressed the button nothing, the pc was entirely dead. Upon inspection, The USB that from the printer (Cheap blue cable USB B I believe?) had burnt and strands sticking out of the plastic shrouding.
We stripped it down, tested the power supply on another computer, the fan fired right up and worked fine on the second computer. There is no sign of any physical damage on any of the components of his main pc, but it is still entirely dead. I suspect either motherboard or CPU but the unusual circumstances have confused me.
The small electrical fire was stopped without harm to anything, except the pc, and maybe the printer, we dont dare plug it back in.

Specs:
I7-9700K
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-e
Palit GTX 750ti
Corsair RM850X