Computer was dropped during moving and now its not functioning very well

Achaeon

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Basically as I moved cities a litttle over 3 months ago it seemed that my computer was not locked down correctly so it fell on its side. As soon as I got it plugged in and started everything seemed fine during boot-up but when I went in game my FPS seemed fine, but it spikes A LOT.

when I run novabench's benchmarking tool it seems fine, but when I'm in game my FPS drops depending on what I do ingame it goes from 217-11 FPS.

Before it got dropped I was able to run league of legends with 200FPS no problem, I could play diablo 3 with around 80-60 FPS easily as well as record some game footage at 60FPS.

My build is:
Kingston 120GB SSD (for OS and heavy games such as League of legends and Diablo3)
Standard 1.5TB HDD (for everything else)
AMD Radeon HD 7777 series GPU
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge CPU
Asrock z77 extreme motherboard
Coolermaster 650W PSU

My thoughts on what could be the cause:
I noticed the cpu cooler wasnt attached completely to my motherboard so I reattached it and I think some air bubbles in the cooling paste could do it? (im not entirely sure about this)

motherboard could be be having some loose connections after it fell.

GPU could have taken a hit and this could be the reasoning why.

I am honestly not entirely sure what could be the problem with my computer, I would really like to know since I'm currently a student and sadly can't afford a whole new computer.

What are your thoughts?

Achaeon

Reputable
May 7, 2015

I'm gonna give this a try within a few days and if it does not seem to work or help I will probably have to buy some new parts for my computer sadly.

Achaeon

Reputable
May 7, 2015

just a quick follow up answer after I went hands on with my PC, my FPS have now been doubled after re-assembling it and applied new thermal paste and everything now works like a charm