[SOLVED] Computer will boot to bios but not to windows

Dec 4, 2021
Okay so my computer which is a old rig has had no problems ever and when it has has had a simple fix. Just recently when I turn on my computer it won't boot to windows. Sometimes my bios changes the boot order and I change it back simple fix but know no matter what hard I try to boot from it won't start. I thought it was because my hard drive had some how got corrupted and tried to boot a windows 7 disc from a external disc drive to fix it , which has worked before but now is not doing anything. Same thing just black screen no matter what I boot from my bios

Motherboard asus rampage extreme 3
GPU Gtx 1080 ti
Ram 24
Cpu I7-980x
OS windows 10
SSD adata 240
Ps new to the forum will post more spec 8f needed

Solution
Likely you have a graphics driver issue.
Install your desired gpu.
It will run in a basic mode without any graphics drivers at all.
Try to start up in safe mode(f8).
That will load windows with only essential drivers.
First, try to install the proper graphics driver.
Select a clean driver install.
If that does not work, then you need the tedious process of selectively enabling start up apps to find the defective one.
Dec 4, 2021
Okay so I did some researching and I had a spare gpu and switched it and then it worked fine booting up to windows normally . So now my question is why does that happen with my other gpu I am able to get to the bios but not windows? I dont understand.

Likely you have a graphics driver issue.
Install your desired gpu.
It will run in a basic mode without any graphics drivers at all.
Try to start up in safe mode(f8).
That will load windows with only essential drivers.
First, try to install the proper graphics driver.
Select a clean driver install.
If that does not work, then you need the tedious process of selectively enabling start up apps to find the defective one.

Solution
Dec 4, 2021
I found the solution there is some kind of problem where motherboard does not send some kind of signal to videocard or otherway around. So the only way system will post is that you have to connect DVI output. I had just recently bought a new monitor and switched it to display port from DVI first day no problems second day not booting to windows. Well the new monitor has no DVI but it did have a HDMI booted up just fine.
Here's the post
https://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2668784&p=4

Sorry for the bother guys really had no idea what was going on