Question Computer will not boot after BIOS update ?

kevin21555

Prominent
Aug 9, 2021
I have msi Dragon Center installed on my pc, and I went to use that to update my bios, upon restart, it sat on a black screen for an hour before I decided to restart. now the post lights for the gpu and boot stay light up and nothing will show on the screen. all the fans turn on and the rib on the memory light up. not sure what my next court of action should be. I've googled a bit with different things that I could do, but not sure what route to go.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB GDDR6 Gaming Trio
Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800). x2 (32 GB total)
Motherboard: MSI MAG AMD X570 Tomahawk WiFi Socket AM4 ATX DDR4-SDRAM
PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-850, 850W 80+ Titanium, Full Modular
Case: Corsair 7000D Airflow

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
I have msi Dragon Center installed on my pc, and I went to use that to update my bios
That was your first mistake. You update the BIOS manually, from within BIOS, not an app, especially not an app that has also been known to brick their(MSI's) own motherboard's since the app downloaded the wrong BIOS version or the process was corrupted.

Thankfully, your motherboard has a Flash BIOS button on the back of the motherboard(or the rear I/O ports), refer to page 46 in your motherboard's manual, here, and see if that revives your system.

kevin21555

Prominent
Aug 9, 2021
I have msi Dragon Center installed on my pc, and I went to use that to update my bios
That was your first mistake. You update the BIOS manually, from within BIOS, not an app, especially not an app that has also been known to brick their(MSI's) own motherboard's since the app downloaded the wrong BIOS version or the process was corrupted.

Thankfully, your motherboard has a Flash BIOS button on the back of the motherboard(or the rear I/O ports), refer to page 46 in your motherboard's manual, here, and see if that revives your system.
Figured it out. Thanks!

Reactions: norcalsc