I recently put a 2tb hdd into my computer but realized i am not using it, i have absolutely nothing on there and it was installed quite a while after i built this comp. What might be causing this and how can i pull this hard drive safely?
I dont understand but here is how you pull the drive.
1. Power down your PC
2. Unplug the power supply cable from the power supply
3. Open your PC case
4. Unplug the power supply cable from the Hard Drive you want out
5. Unplug the sata cable from the drive.
6. If the drive is on a drive rail - unlatch it and slide the drive out.
7. If the drive is screwed in remove the screws and pull it out.
8. Unplug the sata cable from your mobo and remove from your case
9. Close your case and done
I believe , as does the above , you might be suffering from 'master boot record error'. where windows falls on its face if you take out a drive that was in when it was configured. I dont think there is any way around this except a re install/repair? of windows without the drive in. I may be mistaken.