[SOLVED] Computer will not post says cpu problem

Feb 5, 2020
I am using a tuf gaming x570-plus WiFi motherboard and AMD Ryzen 9 3900X for my cpu. when I am trying to post it for the boot process it shows a red light and leaves it on. According to the manual that means something went wrong at the cpu. I can’t figure out what and it’s driving me insane. All new parts. Entire list of parts here https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dstayton/saved/Fh6sXL

Solution
Hi there,

First, I'd make sure that the 8-pin CPU power cable is plugged in all the way to the motherboard. If so, I would recommend reseatting the RAM and trying again. If still no progress, I'd recommend taking the CPU out and looking to make sure all the pins are OK on the bottom of the CPU. If any pins are bent or missing, you've got a problem. Hope this helps :)

Lutfij

Titan
Which two slots are you occupying with your sticks of ram? Have you tried working with the Wraith cooler that came bundled with the CPU? With no storage attached but with the discrete GPU in and the entire board, ram and PSU breadboarded, you should still be able to get into BIOS.

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Hi there,

First, I'd make sure that the 8-pin CPU power cable is plugged in all the way to the motherboard. If so, I would recommend reseatting the RAM and trying again. If still no progress, I'd recommend taking the CPU out and looking to make sure all the pins are OK on the bottom of the CPU. If any pins are bent or missing, you've got a problem. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Solution