[SOLVED] Computer Will not Turn Back On Until I Unplug It

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Guys, Greetings from Bangladesh. I am having some problem with my system. My computer is not showing any problem at all except when I shutdown my computer, it will not be going to start until I unplug the power plug from the PSU and left it as it is for 10 to 15 minutes.

Recently I have changed my PSU (7 to 8 months), my previous PSU had a issue like it will not starting my system, after trying for five – six times the computer get started (now I am thinking are these two were same issue?) and once the computer get started, no problem…. Everything just running very smoothly. only issue at the time of computer start.
So where might be the problem? I already took twice my system to the shop and on their hand, my system never shows any kind of problem, so I even changed the power cord. But no luck.

My current system configuration is:
• Motherboard: Z370 TUF Plus Gaming
• Processor: 8600K @ 4.6~4.7 GHz
• CPU Cooler: Cooler Master AIO 240L
• RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair 3200
• Storage: 1x 500 GB Evo Plus M.2 SSD and 2x 2TB WD Blue 7.2K RPM HDD
• Graphics Card: Aorus RTX 2070 Super
• Case: Cooler Master H500P
• Case Fan: 2x 200mm RGB Fan, 1x 140mm RGB Fan and 1x 140mm Non RGB Fan
• Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W

Please help me to resolve this annoying problem :(
Note: Some one told me that this is a motherboard issue, but I would like to get the opinion from community, coz after building my system, it will be like a burden for me to invest again on hardware (my Motherboard is not under warranty anymore)

Finally, please accept my apology for this long post and bad English.

Solution
Hi Lutfij, sorry about the "bro" confusion :) ... my bad .. please accept my apology :)

when i said i did not get any shock that means i was on my bare feet , not wooden floor or carpeted one , and yes touching the case i did not get any jolts . anyway ... found the issue with my motherboard, just changed my mobo (coz checked my PSU on a different system and checked my previous mobo with a different PSU) and no issues since last couple of days :) .. many thanks for your support

Lutfij

Titan
Greetings! Good to see someone from the same country, here.

What was your prior PSU's make and model? I would ask you to look at the source of your power, meaning if you're house has a grounding issue. That PSU, ofc, is also not a reliable unit out there unfortunately.

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hi bro. oowaoo we are from same country ...... TT TR2 600 WATT was my previous PSU. Yes i know my Current PSU is not upto the mark, and i have no idea how to test it, but played some games like BF, COD and TR with load for like 3 to 4 hours without having any issue. and on the other hand about the grounding, my wall outlet has three pins and my case never shock me ... so i think i am covered on that part.

Lutfij

Titan
Hi bro.
Politely speaking, I'm not your bro.

The TT TR2 600 WATT is obviously not something considered to be a PSU and the PSU you currently own is on the same lineage as the Thermaltake unit.

and i have no idea how to test it,
That just furthers the notion that you shouldn't test it.

and on the other hand about the grounding, my wall outlet has three pins and my case never shock me
Just to reiterate, you're not on a carpetted floor or on a PVC wooden tiled floor? Making bare feet contact with the floor and after touching the chassis, you don't get any jolts? The IEC connector running from the PSU to your power strip and (assuming the UPS as well) wall outlet are all 3 pinned?

Last edited:

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hi Lutfij, sorry about the "bro" confusion :) ... my bad .. please accept my apology :)

when i said i did not get any shock that means i was on my bare feet , not wooden floor or carpeted one , and yes touching the case i did not get any jolts . anyway ... found the issue with my motherboard, just changed my mobo (coz checked my PSU on a different system and checked my previous mobo with a different PSU) and no issues since last couple of days :) .. many thanks for your support

Solution