[SOLVED] Computer will not turn on, - May have bricked it.

Slivka

Reputable
Apr 1, 2019
When I got home my computer was already turned on.
I went to plug in a usb by the I/O shield and jostled the pc.
The pc dropped about half an inch and made a terrible 'thud' sound, at this moment it completely turned off. (Im pretty sure one of the legs were unbalanced, most likely on a cord or something.)

I can't get any fans to spin, mobo, psu, and gpu. there is a light on my gpu, but not on my motherboard.
I replaced the CMOS, changed the PSU, tried booting with 1 ram stick, unplugged and replugged everything just for good measure. I eventually removed the gpu and tried to at least get the fans to spin with no success.

I am planning on buying a new MOBO today as I think I have fried the one I was using. I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Solution
@Slivka
It's surprising that a small drop like that would cause that. I was thinking a power issue, but you seem to have tested that. I was thinking a plug came loose, but you seem to have tested that. The only other thing I can think is a screw (or something) fell behind your motherboard and shorted something out.

I think I would try a new motherboard too.
@Slivka
It's surprising that a small drop like that would cause that. I was thinking a power issue, but you seem to have tested that. I was thinking a plug came loose, but you seem to have tested that. The only other thing I can think is a screw (or something) fell behind your motherboard and shorted something out.

Solution

Slivka

Reputable
Apr 1, 2019
@Slivka

Ok, Thank you.