Computer with new Hardware freezes on cold start

perkzzz

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Hey.
I recently bought a new processor, new Mobo and Ram. I made a clean install of windows 7 and ever since then the computer freezes up on the first cold start. I'm not sure what could be the cause, because other than that, the machine runs fine.
I've read on another forum that the voltages or driver of the new hardware could be responsible, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to those things. Maybe you guys can help my out?

My Specs:
CPU: I5 4570 4x3.2ghz So1150 Haswell
Mobo: ASRock H87 Pro4 atx DDR3
Ram: 2x4gb DDR3-1866 Corsair Vengeance
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6770 1024gb ram from Power Color
HDs: Seagate SATA 1gb
Samsung SATA 500gb

Regards

P.S.: Oh, and I also should mention that the processor runs relatively hot (granted, with a stock cooler), at around 50°C (read out from the bios interface) at idle state. I've read that Haswell cpus run relatively hot in general, but that temperature seems very high. Curiously the readings in windows, obtained with tools like HWmonitor, are static at around 64°C. Maybe that could have something to do with the problem?

Janpieter Sollie

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
a general rule here is: remove things your pc doesn't need to boot:
-> your PC does not need a 2nd hard disk to boot, does it?
-> try with 1 memory stick instead of 2

can you enter the bios and check the PC health status up there? (CPU temperature, different power statistics, etc)

after that, try to boot windows 7 in safe mode (guess you do know how to do so)

*edit: 50°C is not a good temperature, but it should not be the cause of your problems: AFAIK, haswell CPUs have automatic overheating protection, so a MCE (which causes a system freeze) should not be generated.

perkzzz

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
First off: thanks for replying so quickly.
I will certainly unplug one of these components at the next cold start. The problem in the process of elimination is, that the freeze/BSOD (which is too fast to get any info from it) only happens when I try to start up the computer after a prolonged downtime. So if I restart it now or after leaving it powered down for one or two hours, there is no issue. However, when I try to turn it on in the morning, Bam, bluescreen. After the error occurred one time, it is gone for the day.