Computer Won’t Boot After CMOS Reset

trevork99

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
I have a weird problem which makes me want to take a hammer to this thing.

I’ve got a Dell Optiplex 780 running Windows 10. For some reason, when booting up the system, it would not detect the keyboard until Windows booted up. Someone suggested to remove the CMOS battery for about 20 seconds, so I did that. Keyboard works in the BIOS now, but unfortunately it caused even more problems.

Now, when I try to boot Windows, it takes me to this weird RAID screen which shows my two hard drives, one for the OS, and another which is a partition. Booting into Windows, I get a BSOD and the error “INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE”. Also, for some reason, my PSU now makes a very loud buzzing sound which it never did before. I’ve tried going into my BIOS and changing the RAID settings, and all the options give me no luck. Windows Startup Repair could not identify the problem. Also, chkdsk /f /r /x gave no errors. The boot device is set to the default hard drive first.

How can this be fixed? I really don’t want to shell out money on a new computer right now...

Solution
If you don't have at least 2 HDDs in RAID than you don't need SATA in RAID but AHCI or IDE mode depending on how windows were installed.

trevork99

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
So I tried the legacy setting in the BIOS and the computer now boots into Windows, so that’s good. However, I still have the loud PSU problem that’s driving me nuts. I’ll have to post a separate topic in that forum.