• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Computer Won't Boot and Monitor Won't Respond After BIOS Update

diamondketo

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
This is what happened, I updated my bios, usb ports, and sound card at the same time without knowing the risk. Those software I got it from HP (my computer's company). I restarted my computer and then my mouse and keyboard wasn't working so I force power down my computer. Now the monitor won't respond.

My Computer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02995511

Things I have tried (most likely incorrectly):
- RAM Reseat
- CMOS Reset
- Battery Reseat

Results:
- After CMOS Reset the monitor responded 3x. But...my keyboard didn't work and I had a keyboard error so I just shut it down and retry which is how I got it to respond 3x
- All the other ones had no effect.

Junoh315

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Have you installed anything else in the PC like a video card? If so, remove the video card before turning on the PC again. Try using different connections for your PC. VGA and DVI typically work 10/10 times though, the only one I've used that has ever had issues was HDMI.

BIOS updates aren't a good idea unless you have the specific problem that they fix.