Computer won't boot any version of Linux

John Diamond

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
Hello.

Basically, my windows 7 installation got a nice old registry error, meaning I am unable to get onto my desktop. So I bought a USB stick, and decided to boot Ubuntu to try and recover files, and generally just use as a stop gap before I get my new PC.

Only issue is that after selecting If I should use Ubuntu in compatibility mode or not, my PC just restarts and nothing happens. I've tried Linux Mint, Ubuntu and Puppy Linux. I know I'm using an MSI click bios II, and it should support UEFI and legacy.

A solution to my issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

John Diamond

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014

Yes,

At the moment I'm using rufus to write my ISO to the USB. And I'm doing both manual and automatic usb booting

edit: I've tried Unetbootin, and i'm getting further, however the pc now resets once when I get to the language select screen

John Diamond

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014

Here we go, the last speccy screenshot I took.

unknown.png

John Diamond

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014

I'm trying to grab my files off my main hdd using Linux if it's possible, and if that doesn't work, just clear windows, install w10 and create a dual boot rig with linux

John Diamond

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014

Hello,
sorry about the delay.

No, the temperature isn't the issue, that picture was taken a while back. The main issue i'm having is that I get to the grub bootloader. I choose my version of Linux, it loads for a bit (and in the case of Ubuntu, I get to the language select) then the computer resets itself. This continues for as long as I try.