Computer won't boot/enter bios whenever the gpu installed.

Apr 30, 2018
Hello, I am currently building a pc, and successfully built and tested it. Noticing that my GPU (gtx 670) was getting a bit to warm for comfort I decided to switch around the case fans for better cooling. Apon restart the monitor reported no signal and keyboard did not have it's num lock light on. I've reset cmos and restarted. Nothing. I uninstalled the GPU and tada! Bios and Windows boot with the on-board graphics. As soon as I reinstall the gtx 670 again no signal. Atteming to troubleshoot I unintsalled the card, went into bios and setvthe main video to the onboard graphics and reintalled the card. Again bios and windows boot normally, with the graphic card's fan spinning normally as well. Noclue what to do next. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI
CPU: AMD A-10 7800 APU
GPU: GTX 670
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W

Solution
By reshuffling your pc's internals you may have damaged your video card in the process, maybe you've scratched it a bit and killed it but the power going to the fans is still getting there and keeping them working? Try using that video card in another pc.
Apr 30, 2018
I have, once I set the main video to my PCIe card, the computer fails to boot/enter bios. No signal from the screen and no num lock light. But all the fans run normally. The only way to revert it is to take out the card and reset the main video to onboard.

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
By reshuffling your pc's internals you may have damaged your video card in the process, maybe you've scratched it a bit and killed it but the power going to the fans is still getting there and keeping them working? Try using that video card in another pc.

Solution
Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for the reply, I will not be able to test the card anytime soon, due to the fact I do not have another psu capable. Although I hope thats not the case, I will bear it in mind, and test as soon as I can.