Question Computer won't boot past bios, tried to fix it myself, now PC is stuck on A1 code.

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE POSTED IN THE WRONG TOPIC, I THINK IM IN THE RIGHT SPOT

TL;DR: Came back to PC stuck on BIOS, tried reseating nearly every potential component that could be the issue to no avail, now PC won't make it past a CMOS prompt [I think its a CMOS PROMPT at least, its definitely a windows prompt, wish I remembered the full spiel.] Motherboard is stuck on A1 code as well. GPU fans spin up for a bit before shutting off. What do you guys think the issue is?

Hey guys, so one day about a month ago I came home to my PC on the BIOS screen. Went to exit the BIOS, and naturally the PC restarted or whatever, just to go back into BIOS. I couldn't make it past the BIOS for about a week, so decided to try and fix it myself. Unplugged the PC and brought it downstairs, cleaned the dust off as best as I could without compressed air, yada yada.

I then decided to reseat the RAM, CPU, GPU, check all the power supply connections, reseated both of my M.2 SSDs, to no avail. I think I actually ended up making it worse, because after all of that my PC won't even boot TO bios now, nonetheless past a prompt that is given to me after "resetting CMOS" [?] trying my best to remember without setting it all back up again]]

My PC is now unplugged just collecting dust, as I'm working with my brothers PC at the moment. Did a brief skim of the forums to see if anyone else has had this issue, only found about 2 forums through google that had similar issues [and they both had MSI motherboards funnily enough]. Was hoping to see if I could get some advice or input on this, below I will list my specifications, and what I suspect the issue to be, or potential causes of it.

RYZEN 9 5900x
MSI X570S CARBON MAX WIFI
32GB DDR4 3600mhz RAM
MSI VENTUS 3X OC RTX 3080
ARCTIC LIQUID 360MM AIO
2x M.220 SSDs

So, the main concern is that my GPU is wicked heavy, so it has some GPU sag, wondering if the PCI-E slot on either the motherboard or GPU is broken / damaged.
During the unavoidable BIOS phase of this issue, I noticed my CPU was running slightly hotter than normal, not sure for how long. My pump still works though.
After I tinkered with the system myself, the motherboard is stuck on an A1 code, and GPU fans spin for a bit before eventually shutting off, and no progress is made with the PC booting.

Any input is appreciated, life has gotten really busy lately, trying to juggle school and full time work, so bear with me! I might not be able to boot the system for anyone or even have time to check this forum regularly, but I will definitely be checking whenever I can. Thanks guys.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE POSTED IN THE WRONG TOPIC, I THINK IM IN THE RIGHT SPOT

TL;DR: Came back to PC stuck on BIOS, tried reseating nearly every potential component that could be the issue to no avail, now PC won't make it past a CMOS prompt [I think its a CMOS PROMPT at least, its definitely a windows prompt, wish I remembered the full spiel.] Motherboard is stuck on A1 code as well. GPU fans spin up for a bit before shutting off. What do you guys think the issue is?

Hey guys, so one day about a month ago I came home to my PC on the BIOS screen. Went to exit the BIOS, and naturally the PC restarted or whatever, just to go back into BIOS. I couldn't make it past the BIOS for about a week, so decided to try and fix it myself. Unplugged the PC and brought it downstairs, cleaned the dust off as best as I could without compressed air, yada yada.

I then decided to reseat the RAM, CPU, GPU, check all the power supply connections, reseated both of my M.2 SSDs, to no avail. I think I actually ended up making it worse, because after all of that my PC won't even boot TO bios now, nonetheless past a prompt that is given to me after "resetting CMOS" [?] trying my best to remember without setting it all back up again]]

My PC is now unplugged just collecting dust, as I'm working with my brothers PC at the moment. Did a brief skim of the forums to see if anyone else has had this issue, only found about 2 forums through google that had similar issues [and they both had MSI motherboards funnily enough]. Was hoping to see if I could get some advice or input on this, below I will list my specifications, and what I suspect the issue to be, or potential causes of it.

RYZEN 9 5900x
MSI X570S CARBON MAX WIFI
32GB DDR4 3600mhz RAM
MSI VENTUS 3X OC RTX 3080
ARCTIC LIQUID 360MM AIO
2x M.220 SSDs

So, the main concern is that my GPU is wicked heavy, so it has some GPU sag, wondering if the PCI-E slot on either the motherboard or GPU is broken / damaged.
During the unavoidable BIOS phase of this issue, I noticed my CPU was running slightly hotter than normal, not sure for how long. My pump still works though.
After I tinkered with the system myself, the motherboard is stuck on an A1 code, and GPU fans spin for a bit before eventually shutting off, and no progress is made with the PC booting.

Any input is appreciated, life has gotten really busy lately, trying to juggle school and full time work, so bear with me! I might not be able to boot the system for anyone or even have time to check this forum regularly, but I will definitely be checking whenever I can. Thanks guys.
Install RAM in slots a2-b2.

Connect only the drive with Windows.

Clear CMOS.

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016

Clear CMOS.
I’ll definitely try this, just a few questions.
From Left to right, slots a2-b2 would be the 2nd and 4th slot I assume?
Also, how do you connect only the drive with windows? Not sure what that means.
Thank you.

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
Yes, 2nd and 4th slots.

You said you have two m.2 drives. One should have Windows. Remove the one that doesn't.
Awesome thank you. I’ll definitely try this when I get a chance.

Also, I wanted to get reassurance about my CPU, when I was trying to fix it myself, I was in a bit of a rush since I had to drive an hour to Microcenter to get some
thermal paste. When screwing the AIO down onto the CPU, I didn’t exactly follow the star pattern until I had one corner down like 7-8 turns. Do you think that if there was damage to the CPU, that the motherboard would not display any codes or even boot up / show a green LED? I could easily check it myself but I figured I’d save some time and get some confirmation.
Thanks heaps for the advice, I’ll let you know soon how it goes

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016

Clear CMOS.
Did this today, I still boot to bios. It asks me if I want to run setup or load default values. I tried setup, and am back into the bios loop. Can’t recall if I’ve tried F2 but I imagine it would be the same.

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
Did this today, I still boot to bios. It asks me if I want to run setup or load default values. I tried setup, and am back into the bios loop. Can’t recall if I’ve tried F2 but I imagine it would be the same.
Took my PC to a repair shop about a weeeekk aagooooooo. (sorry) Boot drive seems to have failed, which is why it was bringing me to BIOS. This should be solved now, maybe a mod to lock the forum but keep it up?

In a nutshell: if you’re in a bios boot-cycle (continuously booting to bios); it’s most likely an issue with your boot drive.

Hope this helps someone else down the road.