Question Computer Won't Boot Unless I Switch Power Outlets

Aug 24, 2024
I'm having an extremely bizarre issue with my PC: after getting both the motherboard and power supply unit replaced, I'm unable to get my desktop PC to boot properly - I get a "DRAM" and "CPU" light on the motherboard and the PC does not connect properly to the monitor.

However, when I took my PC to the local repair shop, they've been completely unable to replicate the issue at all. They've been able to boot the PC up with no problem.

But when I plug my PC in at my apartment, the issue persists. The only fixes I've found so far are switching power outlets to a different power strip, and switching the PSU in the back off, leaving it for ten minutes, and turning it back on. Both of these fixes will occasionally solve the problem but it's very inconsistent.

I have genuinely no idea what the problem could be. The only differences I can think of between what I'm doing and what the repair shop did are a) I'm using a different power outlet and b) I have a different power cable/monitor/keyboard than them.

For reference, this my current setup for the motherboard and CPU, but I doubt it's relevant to the issue at all:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

Motherboard: ASRock B550M-C

GPU: NVIDIA GEForce RTX 3060

And I've also generally noticed that the boot problem most often happens after playing a game installed to my HDD for several hours, though it's also happened even when I never touch the files on the HDD at all.

I'm at a complete loss for what the problem could be, any advice would be appreciated at this point and I've so far not been able to get much help anywhere.