[SOLVED] Computer won't boot when GPU is plugged in

Dec 1, 2020
So my computer's been working fine for years. One day I tried to turn it on and the fans started to move then stopped and the leds went out and the computer turned off. I looked online and someone said it was a PSU problem so I got a new one but the same thing happened. After some trouble I found out that the fans and leds work on the card if it's in the slot but as soon as I try to plug in the 8-pin it stops working entirely. Is there something I can do to fix this or am I boned?
Spex:
Msi b250m
I7 7700k
Pny gtx1080
16gb ddr4 hyperx predator
Corsair hx1000w (old)
Thermaltake smart700w (new)

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The new PSU you've sourced isn't actually any better than a paper weight, not kidding, you should look into a reliably built PSU akin to the Corsair you had. Speaking of which, how old was the Corsair unit prior to the change?

FYI, that processor isn't being fully utilized while being on that B250 chipset motherboard since you can't overclock that processor.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The new PSU you've sourced isn't actually any better than a paper weight, not kidding, you should look into a reliably built PSU akin to the Corsair you had. Speaking of which, how old was the Corsair unit prior to the change?

FYI, that processor isn't being fully utilized while being on that B250 chipset motherboard since you can't overclock that processor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS