Computer won't go beyond post

Jan 25, 2019
Hello, I have a system I've been using as a NAS and it was working perfectly fine for over a year, but a couple days ago it just stopped working properly. When I try to turn it on, the computer will turn on and show the post screen, it will check the RAM and then just stop and get stuck there after that. It won't show the drives but it also won't show any errors.

If I press F8 to show the boot selection menu it only says "Boot Selection Popup menu has been selected" but it doesn't proceed to show it or anything. It just remains stuck on the post screen forever. I can't access the BIOS.

IMG_20190125_115814.jpg

I already tried unplugging and removing the CMOS battery, but that didn't accomplish anything.
So now I'm wondering if this is a motherboard or cpu problem, there was a power outage before this started happening, so I worry it might have affected either, or both, of those.

It's an older machine:
Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz cpu
ASUS P5QPL-VM EPU motherboard
4GB ram

Jan 25, 2019
Yes, I've already tried disconnecting all of the storage devices, reseating the ram, and trying just one stick of ram at a time, none of those seemed to help.