Computer won't post | Dram Light On

XenoConnor

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
My computer won't post. It turns on and is just pure red at the DRam light. It just stays black screen and does nothing . I tried changing ram slots , clearing cmos , shorting the jumper and just about everything I can think of. Any ideas ???

SPECS
I5 6600K
GTX 1070 TI
ASUS Z170-A
TEAM ELITE PLUS 1X8 GB STICK

Turn off the power. Install the memory in slot A2. Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for 5 minutes. During that time press the power button for 30 seconds. Return the CMOS battery to the motherboard. Restore power to the system and power on. See if you can enter the bios.

Also, a little more information on whether this is a new problem, new build, new RAM, or what exactly prompted this issue would be helpful.

Did you recently have the CPU out of the socket, or is this the initial assembly of the system?

Probably a good idea to double and triple check everything listed here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

XenoConnor

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

So what happened was i was overclocking my ram and for some reason everything Removed up and my cpu went to 1.8v and my ram went to 1.8v. I turned it off becuase i know what is an issue and then it just stopped working

Please watch the language to use of profanity is not allowed here

XenoConnor

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

Would it also help to say that my corsair keyboard turns on when I plug my PC in but not even turn it on