Question Computer won't run games anymore

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
I just changed my stock cooler out for an nzxt x53 cooling system and everything turns on and seems to be working right, but for some reason now I can open games but it won't allow me to get into matches and actually play

I need some more questions answered considering I am not really sure whats happening.

What are your full specs?
Temps at idle and gaming?
What games are you trying to play?
What happens when you cant find a game?

Usually the things you are describing don't have anything to do with changing your CPU cooler.

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
That's what really confused me as well. I can tell you the gpu is most definitely overheating. I just factory reset my system because I thought that was the problem, but the other temps are pretty normal. I have a ryzen 9 3900x, 32gb of ddr4 3200 mhz ram, a gtx 2060 super, and a 750w evga psu. I've never had a problem running anything especially to this extent. I double checked to make sure everything was plugged in and secured properly and found no issues. Modern warfare is the main one and I'll get into a lobby but never pull into a game, it'll just say loading in. Don't have the temps rn but I can tell you the gpu is the only thing abnormal. I'm kind of baffled atm....

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Please do not bump forum posts, it is part of the forum rules.

This thread is kind of all over the place - CPU cooler is changed but then you mention your GPU overheating, what temps are seen that make you think its overheating? Seems like we're not quite sure why we are changing components and possibly causing more issues for ourselves in the process? Why was the CPU cooler changed?

Also -

These 2 questions were not answered:

Temps at idle and gaming?
What happens when you cant find a game?

Also did not list your chassis/case....

I assume networking is connected, but are there issues reaching the internet?

Reactions: Mooons