Computer Won't start at all

bignuts87

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
So i built my computer today. I went to turn it on, but it wont start. I have everycable plugged in but it still wont go. I plugged the computer in and i turned the PSU on and then i pressed the power button. nothing happened. I then went to the mother board and press the power button on there but it still didnt work. ANY IDEAS?

check that the 4/8 pin pci power cable is connected. also make sure you used the mb brass standoffs so that the mb not shorted to the case. check the mb case cables..make sure the power and reset switch are on right. with video cards some of them need two power plugs..make sure if your video card has two power plugs both are plugged in. to help you more can you post your spec??

bignuts87

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Ripjaw Heat Spreader (2x4)
Intel Core i5 3570K
Cooler Master HAF X
ASUS Xonar DS
Antec Earthwatts 750W Green
Galaxy Geforce GTX 680 2GB
ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance Motherboard
Western Digital WD Red 1TB WD10EFRX
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

I think its my PSU. It's plugged in at the wall socket and at the PSU but it wont start when i turn it on.

bignuts87

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

sorry i dont get what you mean with the paper clip

alex2000robert

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
He means:
a) Open a paper clip.
b) Put one end to a green wire.
c) Put the other end to one of the black wires. You see there are 2 lines of pins. Put on the same line that the green wire if you see on both lines black wires.
d) Power on PSU. If turns on, may happen 3 things:
d.1) You put something wrong.
d.2) The CMOS jumper is on clear.
d.3) Motherboard failure.
Continuation of d) If it doesn't, then the PSU may be failing. Try changing it see if that works.