Question Computer won't start properly

Feb 23, 2019
I was building a new PC got halfway through then realized the motherboard had one screw that was super stripped.

I ended up roughing the screw up a bit more to no avail, needed the case for the new PC so I just put the old one back together.

However, now the computer doesn't display anything on boot. There's two red lights by the power button (one with a lightning bolt and one that looks like a can). Aparts from that the fans all work, the GPU lights are blue, and the MOBO lights are orange.

Did the motherboard get fried or?

lightning bolt is power and the drum is your drive.
sounds like you didn't hook everything back up correctly. make sure your jumpers are correct and all the connectors are properly seated

I was building a new PC got halfway through then realized the motherboard had one screw that was super stripped.

I ended up roughing the screw up a bit more to no avail, needed the case for the new PC so I just put the old one back together.

However, now the computer doesn't display anything on boot. There's two red lights by the power button (one with a lightning bolt and one that looks like a can). Aparts from that the fans all work, the GPU lights are blue, and the MOBO lights are orange.

Did the motherboard get fried or?

Feb 23, 2019
It's possible or it's possible that something else going on, which would be hard to guess about without the full specs.

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 970 @ 3.20GHz 25 °C
Gulftown 32nm Technology
RAM
24.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (8-8-8-20)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. Rampage III Formula (LGA1366) 38 °C
Graphics
RX590
Storage
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0 ATA Device (SATA ) 32 °C
223GB ADATA SP550 SCSI Disk Device (SATA (SSD)) 36 °C
28GB USB DISK 2.0 USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24LS70 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Feb 23, 2019
lightning bolt is power and the drum is your drive.
sounds like you didn't hook everything back up correctly. make sure your jumpers are correct and all the connectors are properly seated

Everything looks to be seated properly, I'm gonna try reseating every cable I can find though to be sure.